Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hong Kong International Antiquarian Bookfair


I heard mixed reviews of the first International Antiquarian Bookfair in Hong Kong last year but I’m told it will be better this year. The main complaints last year were very high prices and not enough China stuff. The second one kicks of later this month (click here for the details) and Jonathan Wattis of Wattis Fine Art on the Hollywood Road (where I’ve been known to browse for a map or two) tells me there should be more China stuff this year – as for prices…well, everyone in the Asian antiquarian business be it books, maps, photos, whatever tells me trade is down and wallets harder to open unsurprisingly.


Certainly there’s a few people I’ve bought stuff from in the last year who are usually pretty good including Asia Bookworm http://www.asiabookroom.com/AsiaBookRoom/ from Australia and IndoSiam Books of Hong Kong (admittedly local but rarely open when I happen to pass through the Barren Rock for some reason). There does seem to be a few more exhibitors from Beijing and Shanghai this year too but I don’t know them so anyone’s guess what they’ll show up with.


Hong Kong Exhibition Centre

3-4/F., Low Block, China Resources Building

26 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong

WHEN

The fair will be open to the public the following hours:-

17th January 2009 (Saturday): 5pm – 9pm

18th January 2009 (Sunday): 11am – 6pm

19th January 2009 (Monday): 11am – 6pm

1 comment:

Runescape Gold said...

Great blog really enjoyed reading it. Have bookmarked you and will check back regular. Please feel free to take a look at my blog...
Buy Runescape Gold
Cheap RS Gold
Cheap Runescape Gold